What you need to know
As a new employee, you must enroll in benefits within 30 days, or you and your dependents will have no medical, prescription drug, dental, or vision coverage. You’ll have to wait until the next open enrollment period to elect these benefits, unless you experience a qualifying life event.
When to Enroll
Enroll for the following benefits within 30 days of your first day on the job, during the annual open enrollment period, or within 31 days of experiencing a qualifying life event:
- Medical coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Limited Purpose Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HDHP Medical Plan only)
- Group legal plan (voluntary benefit)
- Hospital indemnity coverage (voluntary benefit)
- Group critical illness insurance (voluntary benefit)
Enroll at any time for:
- Auto and home insurance (voluntary benefit)
- Pet insurance (voluntary benefit)
- Identity protection (voluntary benefit)
- Student Loan Refinancing Program (voluntary benefit)
When Changes Are Allowed
After you enroll, you can make changes only during annual open enrollment or within 31 days of experiencing a qualifying life event:
- Coverage loss or gain
Cost of Coverage
You and your employer share in the cost of coverage. Your share of medical premiums will depend on:
- Whether you are a full-time or part-time employee;
- The number of people you cover;
- The medical plan you choose;
- Your hourly rate of pay; and,
- Your use of tobacco products.
You will pay a tobacco surcharge if you have not been tobacco free in the six-month period prior to your enrollment in the Plan. Tobacco products include cigarettes, cigars, snuff, chewing or pipe tobacco, electronic cigarettes or any other form of tobacco.
Premiums for the Medical Plan are shown on the YNHHS Benefits Portal at www.ynhhsbenefits.com. Your premium for medical coverage includes prescription drug benefits.
Skip the Tobacco Surcharge
If you complete the Quit For Life program, you will not have to pay the surcharge for the full plan year.
How to Enroll
To enroll or make changes to your benefits, visit bswift, our secure, online enrollment website. You’ll be prompted to enter your YNHHS username and password. If you are enrolling before your hire date, use this link to visit bswift and follow the temporary username and password instructions there. If you run into problems, call HRConnect at 844-543-2147.
Need more info first? You’ll find details at HRConnect.
7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
Choose the YNHH_PRD option
YNHHS Voluntary Benefits