Urgent Care & Telehealth
When you need immediate care for an illness or injury, you can visit the nearest YNHHS walk-in facility or a PhysicianOne Urgent Care center (CT locations only). To locate an urgent care center close to you, visit HRConnect and search for urgent care.
You’ll pay a $25 copay when visiting a YNHHS facility, and you’ll pay more if you use other providers.
Telehealth is an ideal alternative for immediate treatment of an illness or injury when you can’t get to a doctor’s office or urgent care center.
You and your covered family members can visit a doctor virtually, wherever you are, whenever you need care—via phone, tablet, or computer. If you need medication, the doctor can even send a prescription to your pharmacy (within Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island).
Use the telehealth services below to connect to care outside the usual office hours. Telehealth is not an alternative to emergency care for a life-threatening condition.
See one of our own Northeast Medical Group (NEMG) providers weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET, excluding holidays. To get started, download the MyChart mobile app.
The NEMG providers you see OnDemand can:
- Diagnose symptoms
- Order testing
- Prescribe medication
- Send prescriptions to the pharmacy of your choice in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island
OnDemand does not cover pediatric services. Find more information about OnDemand at HRConnect.
How it works
- Register with MyChart online at ynhhs.org/ondemand or through the mobile app.
- Schedule your OnDemand visit. You’ll get reminder emails, phone calls, and app pushes to remind you of your upcoming visit.
- Complete e-Checkin on the mobile app or website 15 minutes before your visit. You’ll answer questions about your medical history and insurance coverage.
- Pay for your visit with a credit card, debit card, or your HSA Bank Flexible Spending Account debit card.
- Join a virtual waiting room, where a medical assistant will greet you and confirm your information.
- Visit your OnDemand doctor.
- After your appointment, find a summary of your visit in the MyChart app.
When you or your child can’t wait for care
Call 888-MDCARE-8 or 888-632-2738.