What you need to know
You can choose from two Cigna dental plans that cover all your dental needs, from routine exams and cleanings to major services like bridgework, crowns, and orthodontia. Although you may see any dentist you like, when you visit a Cigna Dental network dentist, you’ll pay less and you won’t have to file a claim.
Find a participating dentist
Choose from two plans: Cigna Dental Option 1 (Basic) or Cigna Dental Option 2 (Enhanced).
Both plans feature:
- A nationwide network of Cigna dentists
- Discounted rates for using participating Cigna network dentists
- Preventive and diagnostic care at no cost to you
- Coverage for restorative services and orthodontia
The key difference: Option 2 provides a higher annual maximum benefit and higher levels of coverage for basic restorative and orthodontic services. Its higher benefit levels will cost you more per paycheck.
You can also choose to waive dental coverage.
Know before you go
Before you sit down for a procedure that will cost more than $200, contact Cigna to request a pretreatment review of benefits. That way, you’ll know how much the plan will cover, and how much you’ll need to pay.
What You Pay for Care
Here’s what you’ll pay after you’ve satisfied your calendar-year deductible, except as noted.
Lifetime maximum benefit (per person):* $1,000
Lifetime maximum benefit (per person):* $1,500
*All plan deductibles and maximums (dollar and occurrence) cross-accumulate between in-network and out-of-network unless otherwise noted.
For additional details about covered services, including what the plan pays if you use an out-of-network provider or facility, exclusions, and limitations, visit HRConnect to view the summary plan description (SPD).
If You Use an Out-of-Network Dentist
- You may pay more for services because non-participating dentists have not negotiated fee discounts with Cigna.
- You may need to pay the dentist yourself and then submit a claim to be reimbursed by Cigna.
- If you need to submit a dental claim yourself, ask your dentist for a standard American Dental Association claim form.
7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
Choose the YNHH_PRD option
Cigna Dental Plan