What you need to know
As a new employee, you must enroll in benefits within 30 days, or you and your dependents will have no medical, prescription drug, dental, or vision coverage. You’ll have to wait until the next open enrollment period to elect these benefits, unless you experience a qualifying life event.
Don’t forget—you’ll need supporting documentation to enroll your dependents.
When to Enroll
Enroll for the following benefits within 30 days of your first day on the job, during the annual open enrollment period, or within 31 days of experiencing a qualifying life event:
- Medical coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Limited-Purpose Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Group legal plan (voluntary benefit)
- Hospital indemnity coverage (voluntary benefit)
- Group critical illness insurance (voluntary benefit)
- Auto and home insurance (voluntary benefit)
- Pet insurance (voluntary benefit)
- Identity protection (voluntary benefit)
- Student loan refinancing program (voluntary benefit)
When Changes Are Allowed
After you enroll, you can make changes only during annual open enrollment or within 31 days of experiencing a qualifying life event:
- Coverage loss or gain
You must submit documentation that supports the event.
How to Enroll
To enroll or make changes to your benefits, visit bswift, our secure, online enrollment website. You’ll be prompted to enter your YNHHS username and password. If you are enrolling before your hire date, use this link to visit bswift and follow the temporary username and password instructions there. If you run into problems, call HRConnect at 844-543-2147.
Need more info first? You’ll find details at HRConnect.